Liberal media's morning after pill on Georgia election exemplifies why Donald Trump is President
The morning after pill served up by America's liberal slanting media provides resounding proof why Donald Trump is President if anybody is curious why the orange-haired, cartoon character kept winning his way to the Republican nomination, and then beat Hillary Clinton.
Today's barrage of news reports about Georgia's election last night is a hard pill to swallow for anybody with a brain.
CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC and the New York Times served up news about a resounding victory last night for Democrats and reveled in how it's clear evidence that America is rejecting Trump's leadership. But the facts tell a different story. Click Here to Read More
Nation & World
An Online Newspaper Published Daily at 7 am with State, USA & World News
Click above to hear Tuesday's radio broadcast of YOUR AM ADVANTAGE with your host — award-winning investigative reporter Mike Killbreath. He serves as a watchdog over your tax dollars and spreads a little "Pure Michigan" Pride every weekday morning — live at 6 am on CCN RADIO. The broadcast of this syndicated program airs at various times on affiliate stations across the state which present the program. Advertising information is available by calling (810) 347-9803 weekdays from 9:30 am until 5:30 pm.
My AM Advantage
BY MIKE KILLBREATH
Posted on January 23, 2018
U.S. Attorney General Sessions interview by Special Counsel Mueller on probe into Trump team's collusion with Russians
WASHINGTON D.C. (CCN) — The New York Times reported Tuesday that U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions was interviewed last week by Special Counsel Robert Mueller's office in connection with its investigation into collusion with the Russians during the 2016 Presidential election.
Sessions, who left the Senate to become President Donald Trump's new A.G., was a key member on Trump's campaign team and becomes the first member of the president's cabinet to be questioned by Special Counsel Mueller.
The New York TImes quoted a Justice Department spokesman in its story and reported that Sessions was questioned for several hours last week on Wednesday as part of Mueller's investigation into interference by Russians during the election to hurt Hillary Clinton while also investigating possible obstruction of justice by President Trump.
Sessions went to the interview with his attorney, Chuck Cooper, according to the New York Times.
Special Counsel Mueller's office staff declined to comment for the story. President Trump told reporters, however, in the oval office on Tuesday, "I'm not at all concerned."
Sessions recused himself from the Russia investigation last March after it was disclosed that he had failed to tell members of Congress during his confirmation hearing that he had twice had two meetings with Sergey Kislyak — Russia's former ambassador to Washington. Mueller then took over the Russian probe last May after President Trump fired James Comey as director of the FBI. Comey told a congressional panel last summer that President Trump expressed during a White House encounter that it was his hope the FBI would end its investigation about former national security adviser Michael Flynn's contacts with Russian officials. President Trump has denied he asked such a question to Comey, saying it was a "lie" by the former FBI leader.
Mueller's probe has so far led to guilty pleas by Flynn, a former general, and former Trump adviser George Papadopoulos. There have also been indictments against former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort and former campaign aide Rick Gates. Flynn and Papadopoulos are cooperating with the on-going investigation, according to the Special Counsel's office.
This Web Site is Owned & Operated by Tri-County Publishing Inc.
Click above to hear the latest breaking news from around the nation and world from the resources of CCN and My AM Advantage.
Click above to hear Saturday's radio broadcast of the MICHIGAN SPORTS ZONE SHOW with former NFL star Chris Wilson, award-winning sports columnist Mike Killbreath and former college football star Trace Fisher. The show is presented by CCN RADIO every Saturday morning from 9 am until noon. The broadcast of this syndicated program airs at various times on affiliate stations across the state which present the program. Advertising information is available by calling (810) 347-9803 weekdays from 9:30 am until 5:30 pm.
Another 'Schumer Shutdown' on horizon after $25 billion funding for Trump's border wall pulled off table in negotiations over DACA
WASHINGTON D.C. (CCN) — Senator Chuck Schumer of New York said Tuesday that funding for President Donald Trump's border wall is now "off the table" in negotiations to keep the government open beyond Feb. 8. The top Democrat in the U.S. Senate had offered $25 billion in funding on Friday for the so-called border wall promise used during President Trump's campaign to win office in 2016.
Senator Schumer said it was a "last ditch" effort to keep the government open when making the offer to Republicans in exchange for trying to protect more than 700,000 immigrants from being deported in March. Former President Barack Obama extended an order until then spare deportation for so-called "dreamers" who were born in the United States to illegal aliens.
The Democratic Party's liberal wing blasted Schumer and others for giving up too easily to get the government open on Monday when a temporary measure was put forth when Republican Senate leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky vowed to work to get a deal done to solve the problem.
“We’re going to have to start on a new basis, and the wall offer’s off the table,” Schumer told reporters on Tuesday. President Trump immediately took to Twitter to blast Schumer, tweeting: "Nobody knows for sure that the Republicans & Democrats will be able to reach a deal on DACA by February 8, but everyone will be trying....with a big additional focus put on Military Strength and Border Security. The Dems have just learned that a Shutdown is not the answer!”
Two 15-year-olds killed, 17 more injured in shooting at Kentucky high school; Suspected shooter apprehended at scene of crime
BENTON, KENTUCKY (CCN) — Two people were killed and 17 others wounded in a shooting Tuesday at a high school in southeastern Kentucky, according to multiple national media reports.
A CCN Radio report by VOA News reported that the suspected shooter was a 15-year-old boy who was apprehended at Marshall County High School in Benton, and arrested to face murder and attempted murder charges.
Kentucky Governor Matt Bevin told VOA News that a 15-year-old girl died at the scene and a 15-year-old boy died at a hospital. He issued a statement saying, "It is unbelievable that this would happen in a small, close-knit community like Marshall County."
VOA also reported that Kentucky State Police said they have no reason to believe anyone else was involved shootings. The school, which has an enrollment of more than 1,100 students, is about 25 miles from the Kentucky city of Paducah where three people were killed in a 1997 school shooting where five others were injured.
Sacramento man gets life in prison after conviction on buying Filipino children for sex, porn
SACRAMENTO (CCN)) — A 57-year-old California man will spend the rest of his life in prison for buying Filipino children for sex and pornography, according to a story by USA Today. Michael Clemans was sentenced to federal prison on Tuesday in a case that prosecutors called one of the most “lurid, willful and disturbing" child exploitation cases in the history of the United States. U.S. District Judge John Mendez told Clemans that he was "sickened" by the crimes.
Car bombings kill 27 in Libyan city of Benghazi; No group has taken credit for terrorist attack
BENGHAZI, LIBYA (CCN)) — The BBC reports that at least 27 people were killed in a pair of car bomb attacks near a mosque in the Libyan city of Benghazi. The blasts took place less than a half hour apart and more than 20 more people were injured. No immediate reason for the car bombings was known and no group has claimed responsibility although the BBC's North Africa correspondent Rana Jawad says many bombings of this kind go unclaimed in Libya.
U.S. State Department confirms Americans were among victims in deadly weekend Afghan attack
KABUL, AFGHANISTAN (CCN)) — U.S. State Department officials have confirmed that Americans were among the victims in the deadly weekend attack in the Afghan capital of Kabul. The Taliban has claimed responsibility for the attack that killed 19 people , but an Afghan Interior Ministry statement claimed that the Taliban-allied Haqqani network of terrorists plotted the violence that lasted more than 14 hours.
U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson points to Russia for protecting Syrian president on use of chemical weapons
PARIS (CCN) — U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson revealed Tuesday in Paris that the U.S. State Department believes Russia had a hand in protecting Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's regime for using chemical weapons against its own people.
Tillerson reported during a conference hosted by French Foreign Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian on an initiative to target those responsible for chemical attacks that the U.S. is joined by its NATO allies in launching a campaign to pressure against the use of chemical weapons in Syria, saying, ""The recent attacks in East Ghouta raise serious concerns that Bashar al-Assad's Syrian regime might be continuing its use of chemical weapons against its own people."
Tillerson said at least 20 people were killed Monday in an apparent chlorine gas attack near Damascus in the rebel-held East Ghouta.
Hundreds march to protest sexual assault allegations on new mothers at Kenyan city's main public referral hospital
NAIROBI, KENYA (CCN) — VOA reported that hundreds of protesters marched in Nairobi, Kenya Tuesday following accusations that staff members at one of the city's largest hospitals have tried to sexually assault new mothers. A spokesman for the hospital denied the claims but has joined the health ministry in calling for a criminal investigation.
VOA reported that it was a Facebook post gone viral that led to the march demanding better security and better maternal care at Nairobi's Kenyatta National Hospital. A story about a new mother who said she was nearly raped while going to a hallway to breastfeed her baby was posted by the administrator of a popular Facebook group known as "Buyer Beware” and other friends of the page reported similar experiences of misconduct by hospital staff.
VOA reported that police officers acted as a "buffer" between marchers and hospital staff inside the main gates as they traded insults.
Kenyatta National Hospital is the Kenyan city’s main public referral hospital. Hospital staff were also accused of rampant petty theft, slow service delivery and overcrowding in the wards.
Venezuela sets new presidential election for April 30; Socialist Party's Nicolas Maduro to seek re-election to second 6-year term
CARACAS, VENEZUELA (CCN) — The Associated Press reported Tuesday that Venezuela will hold a new presidential election by April 30. The Constituent Assembly unanimously approved the new election as the ruling Socialist Party attempts to consolidate its power, and President Nicolas Maduro announced shortly after the vote that he will seek a second six-year term. The election was scheduled to be held by the end of 2018, but many thought Maduro would encourage the pro-Maduro assembly to set an earlier vote to take advantage of splintered factions among his opposition.
"I'm a humble worker — I will accept the presidential candidacy if that's what the social and political forces of the Bolivarian revolution decide," the AP reported that Maduro told journalists at a rally marking the 60-year anniversary since Venezuela withdrew from a military dictatorship.